Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Brief Figure on Barton Fink

I'm tired, so let's keep it short tonight. 


Photo Credit: tvtropes.org


Today a rewatched part of Barton Fink. It is a cult classic that everyone out to make time to see (See the trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK0WjWlVO9w). In the very opening of the movie Barton is asked "What do you do for a living?" to which he responds "I'm not sure anymore. I guess I try and make a difference."


This admission of confusion and helplessness beautifully captures the ever denied simple purpose of life. The desire that my existence has made the world some how different than it would be due to my absence. That through my being I have pushed the stream of time ever so slightly in a direction according to my will.


AJM

No comments:

Post a Comment